Would you like always have available the most useful information about San Gimignano right from your smartphone? Now, with the new App San Gimignano you will be satisfied!
The application is available free both for Android OS that Apple downloadable a few minutes. Let’s see in details what are the main features of this tool
The application was created in order to provide all relevant information to those who want to visit the town of San Gimignano. The app is available in 5 languages, and once downloaded, some of its parts can also be accessed offline, without an internet connection.
The application consists into five sections:
- History: here will find a short summary about the history of the city. Are described its origins and expansion until modern times.
- Map: probably the most useful because it will allow you to easily orient yourself in San Gimignano. On the map are also indicated major services that you might need during your visit.
- Tourist informations: here, plugging directly with the technology of Google Maps, you’ll immediately get different types of information available on the map. The touristic itinerary will show you everything is there to see in the city including the “eat” and “where to stay” (probably still under construction due to lack of completeness of information).
In the “other activities” you will find an indication of some additional services such as bike hire or museums.
- Wine route: this section contains a brief and concise explanation of the interesting itineraries on the “Wine Route” leading to the production area of some of the most typical food and wine products.
- Tourist services: in the last section you will find a number of important information for your stay such as the presence of areas with limited traffic or parking areas for tour buses. Here you will find information about all the other activities.
The App Sangimignano, is a useful instrument and easy to use. You can download, for free, from the Apple store and Android. The application is available in Italian, English, German, French and Spanish.